Agriculture and Crops
Principal Lecturer Agri-food Marketing ;Associate Head of Department; Placement Coordinator
Preserving agricultural land now and for the future requires people who can deal with the challenges that face society from population increases to climate change and everything in between. Farmers, scientists, inventors and academics each have a part to play and there is a place for all of them in modern agriculture.
Scores of Harper Adams graduates are playing important roles in a variety of sectors throughout the world. They may be in primary food production, researching alternative crops or helping to manage the food supply. Some have gone on to overseeing environmental projects or are contributing to the development of new technologies such as biofuel research and production.
Whatever path you choose to follow in this sector, Harper Adams will equip you with the knowledge and qualifications that you will need to make your career a resounding success.
- Oxford Farming Conference: Student perspective
- Data integration is key when monitoring livestock
- Dalehead scholars grateful for meat industry opportunities
- First Duchy of Lancaster scholar selected
- World Soil Day Dec 5: A barren medium or wriggling with life?
Read an introduction to our undergraduate agriculture studies programmes.
- Agriculture - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture - FdSc
- Agriculture - Extended Foundation Degree Programme
- Agriculture with Animal Science - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Crop Management - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Environmental Management - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Farm Business Management - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Marketing - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Mechanisation - BSc (Hons)
- Agriculture with Mechanisation - FdSc
Top-up Courses (What's a top-up course?)
- Animal Precision Farming - PgC
- Crop Precision Farming - PgC
- Crop Production - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Engineering Precision Farming - PgC
- Entomology - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Farm and Agri-business Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Fresh Produce Production - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Integrated Pest Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Negotiated Studies - PgC/PgD/MSc
- Plant Nematology - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Plant Pathology - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Precision Farming - MSc / PgD
- Ruminant Nutrition - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Soil and Water Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Sustainable Agriculture - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Weed Science - MSc / PgD / PgC