Countryside, Environment and Wildlife
Dr Leticia Chico-Santamarta
Lecturer in Sustainable Technologies, Placement Manager for Countryside, Environment and Wildlife, Coordinator of the Dominican Republic Partnerships
Dr Andrea Humphries
Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Technologies, Course Manager for Extended Foundation Degrees
Interest in protecting the environment, conservation and the countryside has never been so high with issues such as climate change and population growth sitting at the top of global agendas.
This has led to ground breaking developments in environmental science and countryside management including things such as environmental monitoring, pollution issues, ecology, water quality management and sustainable systems.
It has also resulted in the growth of environmental and land-based organisations who act as guardians and campaigners for the countryside. One thing that they all have in common is the need for skilled and qualified personnel to sustain their work and objectives.
There are therefore many career opportunities in this field with, for example, environmental and land-based consultancies, statutory bodies like the Environment Agency, local authorities, and employers such as Natural England, DEFRA, Wildlife Trusts, and the National Trust.
A qualification gained at Harper Adams University will definitely make you an attractive proposition for employers looking for people with the specialist skills they need.
- Sustainable agriculture challenges identified
- Featured student of the month – Andrew Barrett
- Learn about insects at special event
- Drastic action required to protect the future of plant science
- Students rewarded for outstanding placement performances
Read an introduction to our undergraduate countryside, environment and wildlife programmes.
- Countryside and Environmental Management - BSc (Hons)
- Countryside Management - BSc (Hons)
- Countryside Management - FdSc
- Countryside Management - Extended Foundation Degree Programme
- Wildlife Conservation with Natural Resource Management - BSc (Hons)
Top-up Courses (What's a top-up course?)