Harper Adams Club Postgraduate Scholarship
The closing date for this scholarship has now passed. This scholarship may be awarded next academic year, details and closing date for application to follow.
Our alumni (ex-students) association, the Harper Adams Club, offers a range of scholarships to assist alumni to progress further in their academic studies at Harper Adams University. These are financed by donations from Harper Adams alumni to the Annual Fund Appeal.
Postgraduate Scholarship – up to £2,000
Candidates must have been awarded a BSc/BA/BEng or HND/Foundation degree at Harper Adams and be currently studying a full-time or part-time Masters or Postgraduate diploma course.
Your application should be submitted BY EMAIL to Mrs Julie Brook, Alumni Officer: email@example.com
by 12.00 noon 31 October.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates usually take place in November or December.
There is no application form - your application should include the following:
- A letter of application, on no more than two A4 sides, explaining why you would be interested in receiving the Harper Adams Club scholarship. You may find it useful to refer to the Person Specification above as a guide.
- A copy of your CV
- A reference from a member of Harper Adams staff. This could be your personal tutor or another member of staff who knows you well. Please ask your referee to send their reference directly to Julie Brook at the address/email below by 31 October.
- A good quality, high resolution (300dpi) photograph of yourself which could be used in Harper Adams publications (sent as a separate jpeg, not within the document).
Desirable characteristics include:
- Good academic record whilst at Harper Adams University
- Interest and enthusiasm for your field of study
- A good future ambassador for Harper Adams University
The awards are divided into two instalments, payable in March and May, subject to satisfactory progress and meeting the Award Conditions. Payments may be spread over a longer period for a postgraduate student following a part-time programme.
Conditions of award
The Harper Adams Club Scholarship awards are conditional on your acceptance on the requirements outlined below:
- You progress satisfactorily in your studies.
- Prior to receiving the first payment successful applicants will be expected to submit a letter of thanks including a brief progress report for the Harper Adams Club committee. This information may be used in publications to encourage other sponsors to continue to support our students in future. If you do not wish us to use your information in our publicity please let us know when you submit it, in which case it will be made available to the members of the interview panel only.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the Development Trust Scholarship Presentation in the Spring term at Harper Adams University.