The closing date for this scholarship has now passed. This scholarship may be awarded next academic year, details and closing date for application to follow.
The CLAAS UK Scholarship is open to 2nd year MEng/BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) Agricultural Engineering or BSc (Hons) Agricultural Engineering Marketing and Management courses, studying at Harper Adams University. Language skills are advantageous but not essential, conversational German would be helpful.
CLAAS UK may select one student and if awarded the successful recipient will receive:
- A significant contribution towards tuition fees of £3,000 in the year prior to placement.
- Employment with CLAAS Harsewinkel during their placement year (please note: it is an essential requirement that the placement year will be spent in Germany).
- Subject to review at the end of placement there may be an opportunity of further funding in the scholar’s final academic year. There may also be opportunities for employment with CLAAS UK during the vacation periods.
Payment during placement year:
- 500 EUROs (net) per month at CLAAS Harsewinkel
- Accommodation paid by CLAAS Harsewinkel
- One return flight paid by CLAAS UK
A condition of your scholarship is that you undertake your placement year with the sponsoring firm. In the event you are unable to take up or complete your placement, the sponsor reserves the right to require the scholar to return all or part of any scholarship payment received.
The award will be paid in two equal parts; half to be paid in February 2017 and the remaining balance in May 2017.
This is a competitive award which will be evaluated on merit of the submitted application, academic achievements to date and interview. The decision of the CLAAS Scholarship Panel is FINAL
Deadline for Submission of Application: 9am Monday 14 November 2016
The CLAAS Scholarship includes a placement, therefore you must submit your application through the following website: http://harper.ac.uk/placements. Paper copies will not be accepted.
Please note - you may ONLY apply for a maximum of 3 placement based scholarships.