The Food Sector
Professor Ralph Early
Professor of Food Industry and Head of Department of Food Science and Agri-Food Supply Chain Management
Dr Annette Creedon
Associate Head of Department/Food Programme Manager/Senior Lecturer in Food Science and Human Nutrition
The food sector plays a huge role in contributing to the UK's economy and the health, welfare and sustainability of the population and the environment. Harper Adams University is a key link in this chain supporting not only education but vital research in the agri-food industry. Our graduates are equipped with the skills, creativity and vision that enable them to make an impact in this important sector both in the UK and worldwide.
If you are considering pursuing a career in Food then the following words by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs illustrate the breadth and scope of the industry you would be working in.
The food sector plays a key part in our economy, and farmers play a crucial role in managing the land. We will take steps to help increase the competitiveness and resilience of farms, fisheries and the whole food chain to ensure a secure, environmentally sustainable and healthy supply of food. We will also champion rural communities within government to ensure that they are strong and vibrant.
Defra's Business Plan 2011-2015 (Published May 2011)
This website illustrates the range of courses available to you at Harper Adams and the range of career opportunities that they open up for you. Whatever course you choose you can be assured of a very warm welcome.
- Harper Adams open for Clearing with a range of courses available
- Two worthy students share RWAS/Harper Cymry Student Award 2016
- Harper Adams graduate employment rate rises to 99.4 per cent
- Do children really believe strawberries are grown in a fridge?
- Scholars selected to attend Singapore conference
Read an introduction to our undergraduate food studies programmes.
- A-Z list of undergraduate food courses for 2016 entry
- A-Z list of undergraduate food courses for 2017 entry