The Food Sector
The food sector plays a huge role in contributing to the UK's economy and the health, welfare and sustainability of the population and the environment. Harper Adams University is a key link in this chain supporting not only education but vital research in the agri-food industry. Our graduates are equipped with the skills, creativity and vision that enable them to make an impact in this important sector both in the UK and worldwide.
If you are considering pursuing a career in Food then the following words by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs illustrate the breadth and scope of the industry you would be working in.
The food sector plays a key part in our economy, and farmers play a crucial role in managing the land. We will take steps to help increase the competitiveness and resilience of farms, fisheries and the whole food chain to ensure a secure, environmentally sustainable and healthy supply of food. We will also champion rural communities within government to ensure that they are strong and vibrant.
Defra's Business Plan 2011-2015 (Published May 2011)
This website illustrates the range of courses available to you at Harper Adams and the range of career opportunities that they open up for you. Whatever course you choose you can be assured of a very warm welcome.
- Our World View: Addressing the issue of wasted food
- Agri-food specialists unite to support young talent
- Student does her part to fight world hunger
- Harper Adams to be used as national example by the Fairtrade Foundation
- Students reflect on American university exchange
Read an introduction to our undergraduate food studies programmes.
- Agri-food Marketing with Business Studies - BSc (Hons)
- Agri-food Marketing with Business Studies - FdSc
- Food and Consumer Studies - BSc (Hons)
- Food, Nutrition and Well-being - BSc (Hons)
Top-up Courses (What's a top-up course?)
- Dairy Business Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- European Masters in Regional Food Production and Global Marketing - MSc
- Food Industry Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Fresh Produce Production - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Meat Business Management - MSc / PgD / PgC
- Negotiated Studies - MRes
- Poultry Business Management - MSc / PgD / PgC