Project income generated since 2005: Approximately £4.373 million for projects relating to food technology, professional course development, knowledge transfer and sustainable food technologies.
- Professor of Food Industry, Harper Adams University, 2014.
- Head of Department - Department of Food Science and Agri-Food Supply Chain Management (2011-2017).
- Principal Lecturer in Food Science and Moral Philosophy, Harper Adams University College, 2007.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science and Moral Philosophy, Harper Adams University College, 2004.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science, Harper Adams University College, 1996.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science, University of Plymouth, 1993-96.
- Quality and Food Safety Consultant, 1992-93.
- Quality Standards Manager, Dairy Crest Ltd, 1989-92.
- Development Manager Industrial Products, Dairy Crest Ltd, 1987-89.
- Various positions in food product development, Milk Marketing Board/Dairy Crest Ltd, 1980-87.
- QC Technician, Cadbury Ltd., 1978-80.
- Production Supervisor, J & P Langman (Organic Yogurt Producer), 1977-78.
- Farm worker, 1973-74.
- Experience in food industry: food production, product & process development, quality assurance, quality management systems (ISO9001), and food safety management (HACCP).
- Director, West Midlands Regional Food Academy.
- Member, Advisory Editorial Board, British Food Journal.
- External Examiner, Sheffield Hallam University (2009-1013).
- Member, Telford and Wrekin Business Board.
- Board of Governors, Harper Adams University (2005-2013).
- External Adviser, Jordan's & Ryvita Company Sustainability Governance Committee (2014-2016).
- Council Member, Food Ethics Council (2015-present).
- Food Sector Champion for Telford and the Wrekin (2015-present).