Mr Jim Loynes BSc (Hons), CEng, MIAgrE
Associate Head of the Engineering Department
- Farm and Rural Building Design and Layout, particularly Dairy Cow and Cattle housing.
- Sustainable crop storage building design.
- Environmental Engineering.
- The Built Environment, in particular Crops and Livestock building design.
- Sustainable Agricultural Engineering technologies, systems and equipment in general.
- Member of the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (MIAgrE)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Commission du Genie Rural (CIGR) Cattle Housing Group
Harper Adams University supports OpenFields, the online land-based library.
- Flaba J., Bickert W., Capdeville J., Georg H., Kaufmann R., Lenehan J.J., Loynes I.J., Pöllinger A., Tillie M., Ventorp M. and Zappavigna P. (2002) Design recommendations of beef cattle housing. Commission Internationale du Genie Rural. September 2002.
- Flaba J., Bickert W., Capdeville J., Georg H., Kaufmann R., Lenehan J.J., Loynes I.J., Pöllinger A., Tillie M., Ventorp M. and Zappavigna P. (2002) The design of beef cattle housing. American Society of Agricultural Engineers / Commission Internationale du Genie Rural World Congress. Chicago, USA. 29-31 July 2002
- Associate Head of Engineering Department, Harper Adams University from 2010 to present
- Head of the Engineering Department, Harper Adams University from 2000 to 2010.
- HAU engineering department representative on the midlands universities Deans of Engineering Alliance 2000 to present.
- Chairman of the Wrekin Branch of the Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) and branch representative on IAgrE Council.
- Member of the IAgrE Education and Training Committee.
- Harper Adams representative on the AEA Farm Equipment Council.
- Former Chairman (1993) and Treasurer (1998 to 2008) of the Rural and Industrial Design and Building Association (RIDBA) and mebmer of Council (1993 to Present).