Harper Adams Students’ Union
Your work is important, but you won't be studying all the time and it's important to enjoy your social life to the full too. You'll get off to a flying start at Freshers' Week, organised by the Students’ Union (SU) to help you settle in, meet people and make the most of your time at university. As well as parties, course get-togethers and your first chance to get your glad rags on at the Freshers Ball, there's the hotly-contended Harris Shield inter-hall competition.
All in all, the SU will play an important part in helping you to fill your free time. As well as running all of the student societies and sports clubs, the SU also organises events such as balls, club nights, gigs, quizzes and comedy nights, and makes sure the bar stays well stocked.
Because the Union is run by the students, for the students, it can better represent you and make sure you get the most out of university life. It consists of an elected committee of representatives; all current students, except for the President, who is elected to the role as a paid member of staff for one year after graduating. Elections are held once a year and all students are entitled to vote. The SU is also supported by a Bar Steward, who runs the bars, and a Clubs and Societies Co-ordinator.
Showing your SU card at certain shops and organisations will also get you a discount.
- Harper Adams University wins University of the Year - 14 April 2016
- Student Holly hopes London Marathon will help Guy's fund hit £20,000 - 30 March 2016
- Harper Forum report: Bob Stevenson and Chris Dodds - 29 March 2016
- Harper Adams makes impressive debut in student experience survey - 17 March 2016
- Excellent reviews place Harper Adams in the running for eight Student Choice Awards. - 14 March 2016