Information for care leavers

Additional help and support is available for you if you are a care leaver coming to Harper Adams University.

Below is some information regarding finance and accommodation if you choose to study with us.

Higher education bursary for care leavers

Your Local Authority may be able to offer you a one-off HE Bursary of £2000, which is available for care leavers who start their course before their 25th birthday and does not have to be repaid.

Speak to your Local Authority or Leaving-Care Worker for more information on the bursary.

Finance/funding information

You can find more information on further financial help available by visiting our Student Finance page.

If you have any questions regarding finance you can contact  our Student Finance Support Officer, on 01952 815264 or


We offer a variety of affordable campus accommodation to suit all requirements.

If you make us your firm choice on your UCAS application, you can be offered accommodation in our Halls of Residence for a full 52 weeks a year when you come to study with us (assessed on a case-by-case basis).

We will still try our hardest to find on-campus accommodation for you should you come to us via clearing or as an insurance choice.

To view information on Accommodation please visit Accommodation.

Contribution towards Interview Travel Expenses

Harper Adams University has a fund available to help care leavers with their travel expenses for interviews. This is for applicants who need to make their own independent travel arrangements who have marked on their UCAS form that they are a care leaver. Please contact the Admissions Team for further information.