The veterinary industry is a rapidly growing sector dealing with the treatment of domestic pets, farm animals and other exotic species. Nursing care is a key component of the industry along with continued pharmaceutical developments, equipment manufacturing and nutritionists also playing a vital role in all areas of animal welfare.
According to a recent report by LANTRA, National Training Organization for the Land Based Industries, the veterinary activities industry will need 17,000 more people between 2010 and 2020. In addition to this, according to the Pet Food Manufacturers Association there were 24 million pets in the UK (excluding fish) with the industry expected to generate revenue up to £2.7billion pounds during 2010-11.
With a qualification and practical based skills in Veterinary Studies gained at Harper Adams, you will not only be in demand from prospective employers but also have an impact on the health and welfare of animals of all shapes and sizes.
- Find inspiration on new careers website
- Tickets on sale for the Harper Adams Experience
- Working with wildlife: Celebrity vet gives inspirational talk (video)
- Sri Lanka trip for veterinary physiotherapy lecturer
- Industry award sponsored by Harper Adams
Read an introduction to our undergraduate veterinary nursing programmes.
- Advanced Veterinary Nursing - Dip AVN
- Veterinary Nursing - FdSc
- Veterinary Nursing - BSc (Hons)
- Veterinary Nursing - Extended Foundation Degree Programme
- Veterinary Nursing and Practice Management - BSc (Hons)
- Veterinary Physiotherapy - BSc (Hons)
Top-up Courses (What's a top-up course?)