The veterinary industry is a rapidly growing sector dealing with the treatment of domestic pets, farm animals and other exotic species. Nursing care is a key component of the industry along with continued pharmaceutical developments, equipment manufacturing and nutritionists also playing a vital role in all areas of animal welfare.
According to a recent report by LANTRA, National Training Organization for the Land Based Industries, the veterinary activities industry will need 17,000 more people between 2010 and 2020. In addition to this, according to the Pet Food Manufacturers Association there were 24 million pets in the UK (excluding fish) with the industry expected to generate revenue up to £2.7billion pounds during 2010-11.
With a qualification and practical based skills in Veterinary Studies gained at Harper Adams, you will not only be in demand from prospective employers but also have an impact on the health and welfare of animals of all shapes and sizes.
- Student placement awards 2016
- Excellent reviews place Harper Adams in the running for eight Student Choice Awards.
- Agri-food subjects enjoy biggest surge in popularity
- University becomes accredited trainer provider for Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Graduation 2015 prize-giving: Krusse Veterinary Nurse Of The Year