If you think you may be looking for a place in Clearing, either because you are not sure of your results or you want to look for a different course, it is important to be organised in advance to give you the best possible chance of finding the right course for you.
Here are our top tips on how to get the most out of Clearing:
- Do your research in advance, make a list of the courses that you are interested in, including the numbers to call. The Harper Adams Admissions line is 01952 815000.
- On results day, get up and get your results early!
- Be prepared to be patient. Phone lines may be busy, so keep calm and keep trying. Harper Adams Admissions team will also take initial enquiries by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find a quiet space to make your calls from, either at home or a quiet space at your school/college. If your mobile phone signal is unreliable, use a landline. You must make the call yourself, we are unable to talk to someone on your behalf (unless you are with them and need them for support, due to exceptional circumstances).
- Have your results ready and in front of you when you phone, as well as your UCAS id number, so we can easily find your application online.
- Ask as many questions as you like - no question is silly and our Admissions Team are happy to discuss any issues with you.
- Ensure that you have access to the internet - this is important as you will be able to research alternative courses and importantly, if you are offered a place, you need to be able to access UCAS Track and your emails to accept the offer.
- Ask for support and advice from family and friends but remember this is your choice - you are the one who will be studying the subject so choose something you love and that will help you with your future career aspirations.
- Be prepared to visit - our Clearing open day is for all Clearing applicants whether you have visited previously or not. You will have the opportunity to tour the campus, and speak to academic and professional services staff, about the course and accommodation for example. Register your place.
- Before accepting any offer, ensure that you are 100% happy. Do not feel pressurised by deadlines imposed by other institutions and do not be afraid to ask for more time to make a decision.