One or more scholarships of £1,500 will be awarded annually by the Staffordshire and Birmingham Agricultural Society dependent upon demand and available funding.
The Society will reserve the right not to award any scholarships if it is deemed that no suitable applications have been received.
Who can apply:
- First year students on a full time BSc Agricultural based course – the scholarship to be paid in the second academic year
- BSc and FdSc students currently on placement studying an Agricultural based course (full time) – the scholarship to be paid in the final academic year
- Full time postgraduate students studying an Agricultural based course can apply in year 1 (of a 2 year course) or year 1 or 2 (of a 3 year course) to be paid the following academic year
- First year REALM students and REALM students currently on placement may apply provided that the individual can demonstrate in their application that by their choice of options and placement they are seeking a career in the agricultural sector.
- Please note: You must be a British National to be eligible to apply
- Students who represent another Society ARE NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Staffordshire and Birmingham Agricultural Society reserves the right not to award a scholarship should there be no suitable candidate.
Applicants must also be either:
- a member of the Staffordshire Young Farmers Club
- a resident within the county of Staffordshire
- or a resident within 10 miles of the county boundary (Harper Adams is treated as being within the catchment area. Accordingly, anyone who is a British National and studying a relevant course at Harper may apply regardless of where they are undertaking their placement or where their home is)