Fees and funding - Students from England | Harper Adams University


Students from England

For full-time higher education courses, the main types of financial help you can get in 2017/18 are:

Tuition fee loan

This covers the full amount you are charged for tuition fees. The amount that you borrow does not depend on household income. The loan is paid directly to Harper Adams University.

Maintenance loan 

To help with accommodation, food, travel and other living costs. The amount you can borrow depends on whether you live at home or on campus while you are studying and your household income. All students are eligible for 65% of the maximum loan regardless of your household income; the remaining 35% will depend on your household income. The money is paid over three instalments directly into your nominated bank account at the start of each term. 

Please note: In your placement year the total amount of loan you can receive through Student Finance is reduced.

Full year students Main rate (100%) Non-income assessed Income assessed
Parental home £7,097 £3,124 £3,973
London £11,002 £5,479 £5,523
Elsewhere £8,430 £3,928 £4,502
Overseas £9,654 £4,667 £4,987

There is a useful parental contribution calculator available at www.savethestudent.org/parentcontribution/   

Details of the 2018/19 finance package are not yet available.  

Continuing students - Please visit the Student Finance England website for up to date information

The application cycle for 2017/18 is now open.  Apply online for student finance at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.


New students: 26 May 2017

Returning students: 23 June 2017

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.