Support

Students from Wales

If you are starting a full-time higher education course in 2017/18, the main types of financial help you can get are:

Tuition fee loan and grant

Covers the full amount you are charged for tuition fees. Students can get a tuition fee loan up to £4,296 (repayable) and a tuition fee grant (non-repayable) for the balance of fees up to £9,250. The amount that you can borrow does not depend on household income and you can choose to take the fee grant only. This money is paid directly to Harper Adams University on your behalf.

Maintenance loan

To help with accommodation, food, travel and other living costs. The amount that you can borrow will depend on where you live while you are studying and your household income.  All students will be eligible to receive 75% of the maximum maintenance loan regardless of household income; the remaining 25% is based on household income. The money is paid over three instalments directly into your nominated bank account at the start of each term.

Note: In your placement year, the total amount of funding you can receive is reduced.

Welsh government learning grant

To help with accommodation, food, travel and other living costs. The amount that you can receive depends on your household income. The grant does not have to be repaid. The money is paid over three instalments directly into your nominated bank account at the start of each term.

Students can receive up to £5,161 if their household income is £18,370 or under and a partial grant if their household income is between £18,371 and £50,020. 

Try the student finance calculator for an accurate estimate of what you will be eligible to receive.

STUDENTS STUDYING OUTSIDE LONDON AND LIVING AWAY FROM HOME

 

 

ASSESSED CONTRIBUTION

(£)

WELSH GOVERNMENT LEARNING GRANT

(£)

MAINTENANCE LOAN

(£)

TOTAL GRANT PLUS LOAN

(£)

18,370

0

5,161

4,342

9,503

20,000

0

4,715

4,565

9,280

25,000

0

3,347

5,249

8,596

26,500

0

2,936

5,454

8,390

30,000

0

2,099

5,873

7,972

34,000

0

1,142

6,351

7,493

40,000

0

734

6,555

7,289

45,000

0

393

6,726

7,119

50,020

0

50

6,897

6,947

50,753

0

0

6,922

6,922

55,000

849

0

6,073

6,073

59,408

1,731

0

5,191

5,191

 

Continuing students - Please visit the Student Finance Wales website for up to date information

The application cycle for 2017/18 is now open.  For more information, go to: www.studentfinancewales.co.uk

Deadlines:

New students - 12th May 2017

Returning students - 9th June 2017

 

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.