Support

Students from Northern Ireland

 

For students studying a standard undergraduate degree in England, the main support available is:

Tuition fee loan

This covers the full cost of your fees. The amount that you borrow does not depend on household income. This money is paid directly to Harper Adams University. 

Maintenance loan

To help with accommodation, food, travel and other living costs. All students will be eligible to receive 75% of the maximum maintenance loan (£3,630) regardless of household income; the remaining 25% is based on household income. The maximum maintenance loan available to Northern Irish students studying in England is £4,840.  The money is paid over three instalments directly into your nominated bank account at the start of each term.

Note: In your placement year, the total amount of funding you can receive is reduced.

Maintenance grant

To help with accommodation, food, travel and other living costs. the amount that you can receive depends on your household income. The maximum Maintenance Grant is £3,475. Students will receive the full amount where their household income is £19,203 or less.

No grant is available if the household income is over £41,065.

 

STUDENT STUDYING OUTSIDE LONDON

ASSESSED CONTRIBUTION

(£)

MAINTENANCE GRANT 

(£)

MAINTENANCE LOAN

(£)

TOTAL GRANT PLUS LOAN

(£)

19,203

0

3,475

2,953

6,428

20,000

0

3,300

2,999

6,299

25,000

0

2,201

3,289

5,490

29,019

0

1,318

3,522

4,840

30,000

0

1,215

3,625

4,840

35,000

0

689

4,151

4,840

41,065

0

50

4,790

4,840

41,540

0

0

4,840

4,840

42,000

48

0

4,792

4,792

45,000

364

0

4,476

4,476

53,035

1,210

0

3,630 (+)

3,630

 

Continuing students - Please visit the Student Finance Northern Ireland website for up to date information

Apply online for student finance at www.studentfinanceni.co.uk

Deadlines:

New students: 7th April 2017

Returning students: 30th June 2017

 

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.