Skip to main content

EU, international and islands students

European Union (EU) students

Students from the EU pay the same tuition fees as UK students.

If you are starting a full time higher education course, the main types of financial help you could get are:

Tuition Fee Loan – covers the full amount that you are charged for tuition fees. The amount you can borrow does not depend on household income and the loan payments are directly paid to the university. Visit for further information.

Maintenance Loans and Grants – the arrangements for maintenance grants and other student loans will be different, depending upon the country in which you live. More information about the help available and how you can apply can be found at:  

International students

Students who are classed as overseas for tuition fee purposes will pay a higher rate of tuition fee

International students are not eligible for any government funding and are expected to self-finance their studies. You may, however, be able to apply for our Development Trust and industry scholarships during the course of your studies.

For more advice on fee status and studying in the UK visit:

Islands students

Students from the Channel Islands, and Isle of Man will be charged the same tuition fee as UK mainland students. However, islands students are subject to different funding arrangements. For information about the support available for tuition and living costs you should contact your relevant education office:

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.