Apply - How to apply - Frequently Asked Questions | Harper Adams University
Skip to main content

How to apply

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I defer entry?

We welcome applications from candidates who have chosen not to enter higher education directly from school/college, particularly if they are gaining further practical work experience.

A year between school and college can be beneficial in enhancing a student's maturity and motivation. If you are thinking of taking a year out you can apply in the usual way in your final year at school/college. If you later decide that you wish to begin university earlier, please contact the Admissions Officer as soon as possible. And remember, you can also apply to us during your gap year.

What is a changed course offering?

Where an applicant has not achieved the conditions of their offer for entry onto their intended course, where places are available and where deemed appropriate for the individual, taking the entire application into account, we may consider offering an alternative course, which the applicant can then choose to accept or decline.

What does 'subject to validation' mean?

Validation is the process through which courses are improved to give students the very best experience, taking into account employer feedback and subject developments.

What is a top-up degree?

If you have a foundation degree or HND you may be able to convert it to a full degree with an extra one to two years of full-time study, depending on your existing qualification and whether you top-up to a BSc or a BSc honours degree. Having a full degree really does open more doors to graduate level employment or running you own business.

Undergraduate top-up degree listing

Contact us

Faccenda (Student Centre)
+44 (0)1952 81 5000

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.