Who are the courses designed for?
These courses are designed for those who have undertaken the Foundation module.
Applicator module titles available include:
- Ground Crop Sprayer – mounted or trailed (PA2)
- Broadcast Air Assisted Sprayer – mounted or trailed (PA3)
- Pesticide Granule Applicator (PA4g) + slug pellets (PA4s) combined course
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack to land (PA6A)
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack to or near water (PA6AW)
- Hand-held Pesticide Injection Equipment (PA6INJ)
- Fogging, Misting and Smokes (PA9)
Other units available on request.
Testing for the recognised Certificate of Competence will take place after the training.
As a result of these courses, participants will be able to:
- Use pesticides safely, applied with appropriate application equipment.
- Identify and select nozzles and carry out machine calibration.
- Operate equipment within legislation and codes of practice.
- Clean equipment and dispose of unwanted pesticides and containers.
- Identify and rectify faults and recognise when spraying is inadvisable.
- Safe driving practice
- Preparation of equipment
- Post operation maintenance
- Setting and testing application rate
- Site work
- This training leads to an industry recognised qualification from NPTC or Lantra.
National Proficiency Tests Council (NPTC) website: www.nptc.org.uk