Who are the courses designed for?
These courses are designed for those who have undertaken the Foundation module.
Applicator module titles available include:
- Ground Crop Sprayer – mounted or trailed (PA2)
- Broadcast Air Assisted Sprayer – mounted or trailed (PA3)
- Pesticide Granule Applicator (PA4g) + slug pellets (PA4s) combined course
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack to land (PA6A)
- Hand-held Applicator - knapsack to or near water (PA6AW)
- Hand-held Pesticide Injection Equipment (PA6INJ)
- Fogging, Misting and Smokes (PA9)
Other units available on request.
Testing for the recognised Certificate of Competence will take place after the training. Assessment is generally the day after training, but can be carried out at the customer's convenience.
As a result of these courses, participants will be able to:
- Use pesticides safely, applied with appropriate application equipment.
- Identify and select nozzles and carry out machine calibration.
- Operate equipment within legislation and codes of practice.
- Clean equipment and dispose of unwanted pesticides and containers.
- Identify and rectify faults and recognise when spraying is inadvisable.
- Safe driving practice
- Preparation of equipment
- Post operation maintenance
- Setting and testing application rate
- Site work
- This training leads to an industry recognised qualification from NPTC or Lantra.
National Proficiency Tests Council (NPTC) website: www.nptc.org.uk