Working to develop and establish food science and technology as a discrete academic area in Harper Adams University since 1996.
Created (2008/9) and established the West Midlands Regional Food Academy to support SME food businesses.
Formed and established the Department of Food Science and Agri-Food Supply Chain Management, 2011-17.
Primary instrument in the relocation of Dairy Crest's Innovation Centre to Harper Adams University.
Project income generated since 2005: approximately £4.373 million (projects relating to food technology, professional course development, knowledge transfer and sustainable food technologies).
Member of an Innovate UK funded research project investigating the recovery and application of nucleotides and glutamate from a fungal (Fusarium venenatum) fermentation process.
- Professor of Food Industry, Harper Adams University, 2014.
- Head of Department - Department of Food Science and Agri-Food Supply Chain Management (2011-2017).
- Principal Lecturer in Food Science and Moral Philosophy, Harper Adams University College, 2007.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science and Moral Philosophy, Harper Adams University College, 2004.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science, Harper Adams University College, 1996.
- Senior Lecturer in Food Science, University of Plymouth, 1993-96.
- Quality and Food Safety Consultant, 1992-93.
- Quality Standards Manager, Dairy Crest Ltd, 1989-92 (£1.2 billion turnover company).
- Development Manager Industrial Products, Dairy Crest Ltd, 1987-89 (servicing £900 million business).
- Various positions in food product development, Milk Marketing Board/Dairy Crest Ltd, 1980-87.
- QC Technician, Cadbury Ltd., 1978-80.
- Production Supervisor, J & P Langman (Organic Yogurt Producer), 1977-78.
- General farm worker, 1973-74.
- Experience in food industry: food production, product & process development, quality assurance, quality management systems (ISO9001), and food safety management (HACCP).
- Board of Governors, Harper Adams University (2005-2013).
- Director, West Midlands Regional Food Academy (2008-present).
- External Examiner, Sheffield Hallam University (2009-1013).
- Member, Advisory Editorial Board, British Food Journal (2010-present).
- Member, Telford and Wrekin Business Board (2010-2017).
- Member, Executive Committee, Institute of Meat (2014-present).
- External Adviser, Jordan's & Ryvita Company Sustainability Governance Committee (2014-present).
- Council Member, Food Ethics Council (2015-present).
- Food Sector Champion for Telford and the Wrekin (2015-2017).
- External Examiner, University of Ulster (2016-2020).