- 1995-2000 BVSc in Veterinary Science, University of Alexandria
- 2001-2002 MSc in Meat Science & Technology, Uni. of Bristol
- 2002-2005 Technical Manager at RWM food group
- 2005-2008 PhD in Food Science, University College Dublin
- 2008-2010 Tesco Technical Account Manager, 2 Sisters FG
- 2011-2015 S. Lecturer in Food Production & Technology, RAU
- 2016 – Present S. Lecturer in Food Science and Management, HAU
Main fields of interest:
- My current research focuses on the use of emerging thermal and non-thermal technologies in the processing of foods in particular meat. I focus on the assessment of these technologies for preservation while also evaluating their impact on product quality/nutritional value.
- Another area in my research interest is food and poverty, household food security, food rights and justice, both nationally and internationally; local food initiatives; evaluating policy intervention at local and national levels; practice of food ethics. I have also explored consumer identities and perceptions of risk and trust in relation to food and new technologies, and the implications of negotiated new relationships with producers and the food system. I am also a member of the strategic group Bristol Food Policy Council.
Previously member of Bristol Food Policy Council
Member of the Institute of Food Science and Technology
Fellow of the Higher Education Academcy