Skip to main content
Harper Adams University logo


    Your Application

    Applying for university as an international student is similar to the process that UK students follow, but there are a few extra steps.

    These include:

    To understand the general steps for applying to study one of our courses, take a look at the How to apply pages.


    Before you apply

    To study on a course at Harper Adams, you will need to meet the entry requirements listed on the course page. You will also need to meet our English language requirements and you may need to take an English language test.

    Like UK students, if you are applying for one of our undergraduate courses, you will need to apply through the UCAS website. If you are applying for a postgraduate degree course, you can complete an application form.


    After you apply

    We will look at your application and decide if you meet the entry requirements. We may ask to interview you. We will keep you updated about the status of your application by email or post.

    If we accept your application, we will send you either an unconditional or conditional offer. Unconditional offers mean you have been accepted to study on a course without any other requirements. A conditional offer means you will have to give us some additional information or prove a qualification.


    Before you arrive

    Depending on where you are coming from, you will need to apply for a visa before you arrive in the UK. Take a look at the visa pages to find out more.

    As part of the visa application process, you may need to submit a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number or a similar letter that says you've been accepted to study here.

    Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number

    If you meet all of the conditions of your offer by the deadline printed on your offer letter, we will give you a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number. You will need your CAS number to apply for your visa.

    Your CAS number is unique to you and your place at Harper Adams. It can not be transferred to any other university. If you decide to withdraw your application, you must let us know so we can cancel your CAS number.

    Short-term study visa letters

    If you are applying for a course that requires a short-term study visa, and you have met any offer conditions we have set, we will give you a letter that confirms we have accepted you. You will need to submit this with your visa application. You may also need to show it when you enter the UK.

    Applying for accommodation

    You will need to apply for accommodation before you arrive in the UK. We will send you details of how to do this along with your offer letter. You will need to tell the university in advance if you are bringing family to live with you.


    When you arrive

    We will let you know the date that you need to arrive by in your offer letter. You will need to make arrangements to travel to the UK and get to Harper Adams by this date.

    When you first arrive in the UK, you will need to go through immigration controls. To help you get through immigration as quickly and easily as possible, you should:

    • not arrive before the start date of your visa.
    • make sure you have filled in a landing card (if required) and included details of a UK contact - this can be the university's address or the address of a landlord.
    • have your passport, CAS or offer letter, details of where you will stay and proof that you have enough money to study here ready to show immigration officers.
    • make sure you know the conditions of your visa, when it expires, and the number of hours you are allowed to work.
    • declare any sums of cash over €10,000 (or equivalent in your currency).

    To avoid any issues at immigration, you should not:

    • bring food or drink (such as meat, dairy products, fish, eggs, honey, fruit, vegetables or plants) with you.
    • bring counterfeit goods, firearms, weapons or indecent/obscene material with you.

    More information on travelling through the UK border visit the Guide to faster travel through the UK border webpage.


    After you arrive

    On your first day at Harper Adams, you will need to bring your passport and visa (as well as any certificates or documents we have requested) so we can make a copy for our reference.


    Advice and guidance

    We are here to help at every stage of the application process - from when you decide on a course, all the way to your first day at Harper Adams and during your time at the university. Take a look at the Contact Us page to find out who to contact about any questions you may have.


    Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.