This page aims to point you in the right direction for the information you need to be successful in your studies
Finding books and journal articles
Whether you want to find a book, an electronic journal article or other electronic information you can start your search in the same place, the simple search box called Find it @ Harper on the library home page.
If you want to know more about using journal articles in your work a good place to start is our Introducing Journals Guide
Other resources which may help you
You can find these in our alphabetical list of databases:
- Cattle Practice database - British Cattle Veterinary Association's (BCVA) searchable database. Covers cattle health and welfare
- VetLogic - the site uses video, animations, images, text and self-assessment to produce online training material available for students of veterinary nursing, animal science, animal care and veterinary science.
Useful animal websites
- The Horse - lots of free articles about equine health approved by vets.
- NOAH Compendium- up-to-date data sheets of authorised veterinary medicines from the National Office of Animal Health
- OpenFields - an online library for food, farming, the environment, energy and rural business
- Pubmed - Free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature. In many cases only the abstract of an article is available.
- Wildpro - the electronic encycolpaedia and library for wildlife professionals
Need more help?
Come and talk to us at the Enquiry Desk - we are here to help you find information - or contact us by email or phone.