Offering a scholarship can bring benefits to both the student and the sponsor, helping to build long-lasting relationships through Harper Adams University
Why offer a scholarship?
The world needs new talent, and when you offer a scholarship you are helping to nurture the future of individuals, the sector, the wider world and your own business. You could choose to offer scholarship in two ways:
- a cash scholarship (for example covering or making a contribution towards tuition fees)
- both a cash scholarship and a placement year
Here are some of the ways in which you can benefit from offering a scholarship:
- A huge pool of talent from which to recruit your growing workforce.
- Closer ties to the leading university in the sector.
- Raise your profile amongst talented students and their family and friends.
- Satisfy your corporate responsibility.
- Let your clients know your company cares about the education and training of the next generation.
- Promote your business to the wider academic community and forums
- Key account management with annual progress reviews, helping to establish a relationship with your scholar.
Offering a scholarship with a placement gives the additonal benefits of:
- Attendance of the Scholarship Fair ahead of the main Careers and Placement Fair, giving you 'first access' of placement student(s), and also the chance to network with future talent.
- Enjoy students' up to date knowledge and fresh ideas.
- During the placement year companies get to know and train their chosen student - it's a bit like an extended interview.
- Following placement, a number of companies also offer scholars a job after they graduate, as, through their year in industry, they have gained the confidence to get stuck in from day one.
- Financial support.
- Increased confidence.
- The chance to learn and earn in the real world.
- Exploring the field they want to work in.
- Learning from their colleagues.
- Developing vocational skills.
- Relating their work experiences to their studies.
- Preparing them for graduate employment.