Placement Learning at Harper Adams
Dr Richard Green
Undergraduate Open Day
9.30AM - 4.00PM
Most undergraduate courses include a 12 month placement in a commercial environment.
Harper Adams places great importance on the placement period. Placement provides students with an opportunity for on-the-job training to produce a well-rounded individual with practical, interpersonal and business skills, and by the end of the course, the ability to take on managerial responsibility.
- Apply the theory gained through their studies in a commercial or professional environment
- Acquire knowledge and experience to underpin studies in the later stages of the course
- Acquire practical, interpersonal and business skills needed in the workplace
- Develop and appreciation of management skills
- Provide experience on which to base future career plans
Harper Adams seeks to develop long term relationships with placement employers and has strong links with a large number of employers across a range of sectors. Each subject area has a Placement Manager responsible for advising students on suitable placements, supporting students in placement and liaising with employers.
A Harper Adams placement student can benefit businesses in a number of ways:
- New ideas and fresh enthusiasm
- Up to date knowledge of latest commercial developments, new technology and IT skills
- Cost effective additional staff resource
- Benefit from the latest research through closer links with the university
- Enable specific project work to be undertaken
- 'Try before you buy' with regard to graduate selection
Harper Adams students:
- Are good team workers
- Can think for themselves and get on with the job
- Can focus on business issues and solutions
- Resolve business problems effectively
- Improved access to University resources for students on placement
- Improved awareness of placement and graduate opportunities through closer links with employers
- Guidance for students and employers to help cope with disability in the work place
- Development and promotion of sector-wide good practice for placements in the rural economy
How to upload your vacancy...
Click on the course area in the left hand menu that is relevant to your business/organisation and view the information. You can then submit your details via our online vacancy form.