Skip to main content

General Information

Information for Visitors

Before you arrive

Completing the online Visitor Registration form (which also registers your vehicle for parking purposes) before your arrival will help to speed up the registering process when you arrive onsite.

When you arrive

Short course attendees

Please report to the Short Courses and Conferences Office in the Aspire Building. Directions will be provided in your joining instructions. You will be asked to sign our Visitor Registration book and will be issued with a pass which you should wear throughout your stay, and return to the Short Course and Conferences Office or Reception in Main Building before you leave us. (for those on short courses) or conference delegate list.

Your course manager will be responsible for escorting you from and to reception and will assist you in case of emergency. You will be asked to sign a course attendance list.

Conference delegates

Your conference organiser will advise you where to report upon arrival. They will be responsible for welcoming you and directing you around campus. You will be asked to sign a list of conference delegates.

External contractors

We operate a pass system for external contractors visiting or working on campus. It applies to companies and their staff contracted by the university to carry out estimates, installations, servicing, or repairs to buildings, equipment services and work on infrastructure or utilities such as electricity, gas, water and drainage.

Companies making delivery/collections or agricultural contractors do not require a contractor's pass.

On arrival you must report to the Estates Foreman to sign in. You must read the asbestos regulations/guidelines and any other buildings guidance for the intended area of operation before commencing work.

Where can I park?

Parking on campus is free for visitors.

Do you know your vehicle number plate?

  • Yes: Enter your details on the Visitor Registration Form which will register your vehicle for the duration of your visit.
  • No: Visitors who do not know the number plate of the vehicle (e.g. you're using a hire car) must complete the Visitor Registration Form, and will receive a permit to print which must be displayed while on campus.

Parking charge notices can be issued for visitors who have not registered their vehicle, or have not correctly displayed a permit. You'll find details of permitted car parks on our campus plan.

Where is my classroom?

If you are unsure how to find your class, conference room or accommodation call/visit the Conference Office or Reception in Main Building for directions. Out of hours contact Security.


Harper Adams University is following the latest advice on the outbreak of Coronavirus. Learn more about how this could affect you as a student, visitor or member of staff.

Read more ➔

Useful contacts

If you have any queries, our staff will be pleased to help.

  Internal External
Short Course and Conferences Office 5324 or 5300 01952 815324 or 815300
Main Reception 0 01952 820280
Porter/Security Guard 5321 01952 815321
Security Guard   07980 061128
Dentist   01952 811973
Doctor   01952 820400
Doctor out of hours   111
Emergency   999 / 112
Taxis   01952 501050 or 01952 813636


Residential halls

Enjoy a comfortable stay in our halls of residence. We have more than 400 single en-suite rooms, and 160 bedrooms with shared bathroom facilities.

All are situated on the main campus and guests are never more than a short walk away from the onsite facilities such as the dining halls, cafes, study and sports facilities.

Each floor/ block in your hall of residence will have drinks-making facilities for coffee, tea, herbal/fruit teas etc.

Guest suites

The upper west wing of the Main Building, the family home of our benefactor, Thomas Harper Adams, is given over to five charming guest suites, each with its own individual character. These suites have superb views across the university's gardens and fields. All the bedrooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities.

Towels, toiletries and linen are provided. Rooms and bathrooms are serviced on a daily basis. All bedrooms are non-smoking.


You can collect your key and useful information pack from the Short Courses and Conferences Office. Out of normal office hours keys can be collected from Security in the Porters Lodge opposite the Aspire Centre.

Vacating my room

Unless alternative arrangements have been made guests must vacate their rooms by 9.00am. If your key is not returned by 9.00am you may be charged an extra night's stay. Unless specific arrangements have been made with your organiser, please take your key to either the Short Course and Conferences Office in the Aspire Centre Reception, Security Office or Queen Mother Hall Foyer, where a key return box will be situated.

Replacement or damaged keys are £30.00 with replacement swipe cards or key fobs at £10.00.

How do I find the access code for my room?

If the room you have been assigned has an access code, you will be provided with the number at the start of your visit.

Who do I tell about damages/repairs?

Please report all damages, repairs and non-daily cleaning to your course or conference organiser or a member of the Short Course and Conferences team. We may charge for any repairs / cleaning not be considered to be general wear and tear.

How often will my room be cleaned?

Your room and bathrooms are serviced every day and towels are changed every third day.

Off-campus accommodation

You'll find a wide choice of B&B and hotel accommodation in Shropshire.

Main Building guest suite


Is Wi-Fi access included?

Free access to our wireless network is included for all guests and delegates, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, including all conference facilities and halls of residence.

If you're staying overnight you'll find the Wi-Fi log-in on your accommodation key pack. Otherwise, your conference/short course organiser will let you know the details.

If you are having trouble connecting you can contact the Short Course and Conferences Office or IT Helpdesk in the library (01952 815050).


If you have already joined EduRoam through another institution you will also be able to access Wi-Fi through that service at Harper Adams.

Students using mobile phones on campus


Are refreshments available?

Each floor/ block in your hall of residence will have drinks-making facilities for coffee, tea, herbal/fruit teas etc.

Food and drink can be bought on the main campus from the Kaldi coffee shop in the library, and Graze café, in the Faccenda student centre. Costa in the AgriEpi Centre is located on the South side on the campus.

Is there a convenience store?

The Feed Store shop, on the ground floor of the Faccenda centre, stocks snacks, newspapers, toiletries and a selection of general groceries.

Can you cater for my dietary needs?

If you have any special dietary requirements please inform the Short Course and Conferences Office or your course/conference organiser who will let the catering department know.

Coffee in the Kaldi cafe

Emergencies and medical help

What if I need first aid or emergency medical help?

If you need assistance from one of our qualified First Aiders, during office hours call Reception by dialling 0 on any internal phone. A doctor or nurse also runs a surgery on campus during term time. Reception staff will be able to advise you of surgery times.

Outside of office hours:

  • Contact Campus Security on 07980 061128.
  • An out-of-hours doctors/advisory service is available on 111 for non-emergencies.
  • For emergency medical treatment call 999.

What if there's a fire or emergency?

In the event of a fire or other emergency a siren will sound. You must leave the building immediately by the nearest available exit. Please do not stay to collect your belongs but exit immediately.

Follow the green and white FIRE EXIT pictograms (or instruction from Harper Adams fire marshals) to the nearest exit and appropriate fire assembly point. These are usually by car parks.

In the event of smoke remember to keep as low as possible. Do not use the lift. You must not return to the building until advised it is safe to do so by a fire marshall or a senior member of Harper Adams staff.

If you become aware of fire, activate the nearest fire alarm call point and exit the building as above.

The fire alarms are tested every Wednesday morning. Please leave the building if the alarm rings for more than two minutes on these days.

What if I have an accident or near miss?

All accidents and near misses must be reported to your course or conference organiser or to a member of the Conference and Short Course team.


Are there facilities for people with disabilities?

Car Parking for disabled people is available on QMH, Bamford Library, Foulkes Crowther Building, Weston, Agricultural Engineering Innovation Centre car park and limited spaces at rear of the Main Building. Please refer to the campus map for locations.

Disabled toilets are located in the Main Building, Bamford Library, Queen Mother Hall, Foulkes Crowther, Faccenda, Weston and Agricultural Engineering Innovation Centre.

Lifts are available in most buildings.

Can I use the library?

Visitors are welcome to use our library facilities, including browsing books and journals in the library and online, and advice from the library team.

PCs are available for visitors to use with a guest log-in, available from the IT Service Desk on the first floor. You can also print and photocopying documents in the library. Stationary is available to buy from the Welcome Hub. You will not, however, be able to take books out on loan.

Can I use the sports facilities?

We have lots of great sports facilities such as a seasonal open-air swimming pool, bowling green, and tennis/basketball/squash courts that you may use. The Short Course and Conferences Office holds a limited amount of sports equipment that is available for guests to borrow. Talk to your course/ conference organiser or a member of the Conference and Short Course team to arrange this.

Frequently asked questions



Harper Adams is a working university with a commercial farm onsite and some restricted areas. Please do not enter any controlled area without authorisation.

How can I find out about the university's history?

Take a look on our website or, for a more detailed history, read our official book, Lure of the Land - copies are available to browse in the university's library, or to buy from Reception in Main Building.

Where can I find lost property?

For general lost and found enquiries in the first instance should be directed to your Course Manager or Group Organiser or a member of the Short Course and Conferences Office. Any lost property handed to us can be collected during our opening hours.

If the missing item is of great value or a credit card, etc. this should be reported to the Short Course and Conferences team during office hours and the Security Officer at other times. We cannot accept any responsibility for property brought to or left at the university.

Can I bring children on campus?

Yes, but please remember that children are the responsibility of parents or carers who bring them to the university. They should always be accompanied by an adult indoors and outside. Children must be kept at a safe distance from ponds, animal enclosures and all other dangers on site. Please do not leave children unattended in residential accommodation.

Can I bring my pet?

All animals brought onto site must be authorised by the Short Course and Conferences Office. Please don't leave an animal unattended in a vehicle. Animals permitted to be kept in residential accommodation should be housed in suitably designed containers. All animal waste must be disposed of correctly. All dogs must be kept on a lead except for training classes.

Do you have pay phones?

Public cash phones are situated outside the Queen Mother Hall, the rear of the Main Building and by the crossroads on the B5062. Look out for the traditional red kiosks!

Mobile reception on campus is generally good.

Can I bring electrical devices such as laptops and phones with me?

Yes, though we ask you to ensure that personal electrical items are compatible with the UK electrical current and that devices are unplugged before leaving your rooms each day.

Who can I give feedback to?

Your opinions on our venue are very important to us. If you have any comments that you would like to make, please get in touch with the Short Course and Conferences Office or your conference/course organiser.

We hope that you enjoy your visit to Harper Adams University.

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.