Since 2015, anyone buying a pesticide authorised for professional use must obey a key legal
The law demands that the pesticide will be used either by the holder of a relevant certificate, or
by a person working under the direct supervision of someone who holds one.
That's where our courses come in.
It's been developed in direct response to that legal requirement for pesticide use.
You'll earn a recognised qualification that reflects the national standards for the type of
role you perform.
Our qualification is available for learners aged 16+.
You'll gain enhanced knowledge, skills and an understanding in the safe use and application of pesticides using the applicable equipment.
It's suitable for anyone new to the job.
It's also perfect for people who have already established themselves in a pesticide-based role,
or anyone working at technician/supervisory/management levels.
Who should attend?
Our qualification is suitable for those entering work, those who have established themselves in a
role and those working at technician/supervisory/management levels.
What will be covered?
The qualification will assess your knowledge, understanding and competence in:
- The regulations regarding safe use of pesticides
- Pesticide product information
- Hazards and risks associated with pesticides
- Personal safety when using relevant equipment
- The measures to deal with pesticide poisoning
- Safe working practices
- The requirements for protected areas
- Environmental risks and protection of wildlife
- How to deal with incidents
These courses are run throughout the year. Assessments can be carried out at the customer's convenience.