Skip to main content
Harper Adams University logo

    Online enrolment

    Online enrolment support

    If you are having problems completing any sections of Online Enrolment please refer to the frequently asked questions below. Select the title of the section that you are having problems with.

    Help guides

    I made a mistake and want to correct something.

    Do not worry if you realise you have made a mistake. Follow the on-screen instructions in the section. If the section is marked as Complete (green), you will not be able to re-enter it to make changes. Please email and we will be able to help correct this with you.

    Personal details
    How do I tell you I’ve changed my name?

    In this section of enrolment we will ask you about the name we have on record for you and you can tell us if this has changed. Depending on the change, we might need you to provide evidence of this straight away. There will be instructions on the screen to explain what to do, which documents are acceptable, and what will happen next.

    If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please contact Student Records directly on

    I changed my details but they have not changed on the screen.

    Depending on the change of details, we may need to check the identification documents uploaded or other correspondence with you. In these cases, the change will not be visible on the screen for you and notification of the change will come through to us automatically. We will review this within 5 working days and respond to you to confirm when it has been made on the system.

    If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please contact Student Records directly.

    Current students who have started their courses can access our e:Vision Self Service area to view their personal details at any time. 

    Course details
    What does mode of attendance mean?

    Sometimes called ‘mode of study’, this refers to whether someone is undertaking part-time or full-time study, or if it includes a placement year.

    What does ‘Sandwich’ mean?

    If the course is described as ‘Sandwich’ it includes a compulsory placement year in between full-time years of study on campus.

    I want to change course. What should I do?

    If you are new to Harper Adams University, please contact the Admissions Office. They will discuss what options might be available to you, liaising with the course team as necessary.

    If you are a returning student, please contact your Course Tutor or Course Manager in the first instance to discuss your options. 

    Emergency contact details
    What is a trusted contact?

    A trusted contact is someone who a student nominates to act in a similar way to an emergency contact and can be an additional support contact. Usually, students will choose a parent or guardian, although it can be any individual over the age of 18 such as a family member or friend. It’s entirely the student’s choice, but we encourage students to choose someone they trust and who they can ask for help.

    We ask that students obtain their chosen trusted contact’s permission to fulfil this role before they register with us, make them aware what the role entails and that their contact details will be shared with the University.

    It is essential that students keep their trusted contact details up to date but we recognise these can change their time with us. Current students can review and update these details from the start of term on our e:Vision Self Service area. If you would like to discuss this further please contact Student Services on 01952 815396 or

    I want to change my emergency / trusted contact.

    Please follow the on screen instructions in this section of enrolment to add or update the details.

    If the section is marked as Complete (green), you will not be able to re-enter it to change something. Please email and we will be able to update this with you.

    Right to Study
    What is a Right to Study check?

    As part of your enrolment, the university must carry out a check to ensure that you have a legal right to study at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) in the UK. The Right to Study (RTS) check is this verification process.

    How do I complete the check?

    In the Right to Study section of enrolment, read the on screen instructions to upload the document(s) requested.

    Once you have completed enrolment, a member of the Admissions team will check your documents and only get back to you if we need you to do anything else.

    Once we have checked your information and your Right to Study check is approved, your status will be updated ready for pre-arrival and induction.

    I think I have uploaded the wrong file. What do I do? 

    If you are unable to delete the file(s) on screen please contact Student Records on 01952 815320 or for assistance

    I have been sent an email about my sponsor paying fees and don’t know what to do.

    If you told us in enrolment that your sponsor or employer is paying your tuition fees, you will receive an email from asking for confirmation from that organisation. All the details are in the email, and a template form is attached to it. All documents and enquiries should be directed to or call 01952 815214.

    If you made a mistake in enrolment and your fees are not being paid by a sponsor or employer, please email us at and we will help you correct your details.

    How do I complete the sponsor attachment?

    If you have received an email from our student invoicing team asking for details about a sponsor paying your tuition fees please request this information from your sponsor or employer. They can either use the template attached to the email or provide the information on company letterhead. All documents should be returned to

    Where can I find my Student Support Number (SSN)?

    When students have an approved student loan in place, this reference number can be found on the University or College Payment Advice notice that they receive.

    How do I send in my Student Finance letter?

    Please send confirmation of your approved student loan to our Finance Office by email to A clear photograph or scan of your University or College Payment Advice Notice document is acceptable.

    Disability details
    What is Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)?

    This is support from the Government for the study-related costs you have because of a disability, long-term illness or mental health problem.

    I do not receive Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), what do I do?

    Information displayed in this section of enrolment is based on what you have already declared. For new undergraduate students, this will be information that has come through to us from UCAS.

    Please answer the on-screen question in enrolment to confirm whether the information presented is correct or not. Where it is wrong, you will be given the opportunity to write a brief message to tell us why so that we can correct it or contact you if we need to. 

    Visit our Learner Support section for contact information, more information about DSA and for all other queries about disability details.

    Compulsory information
    What do I put on the question about parental education?

    We are required to ask whether your parents have any higher education qualifications. This means certificates like a degree, Masters qualification, doctorate, or a certificate of higher education.

    You can select Yes, No, Don’t Know, or Prefer Not to Say in answer to the question

    I cannot find where I went to school/college in the dropdown list.

    Do not worry if you cannot find the name of the place you studied at. It might be recognised under a different name or be officially categorised as a different type of education provider.

    If you have looked and cannot find it, please select the relevant general option available from the list instead – for example Other UK Further Education College

    I don’t understand the question about the occupation of the highest-earning family member.

    For this question, we are looking for socio-economic classification. This means the occupation type of the main worker in your household (your parent or guardian). If you are over 21 it refers to you.

    The answers available are categories, for example, ‘Higher managerial and professional occupation’ would be for all types of professional employee. ‘Intermediate occupations’ are positions in clerical, sales and service roles that do not involve supervising anyone. ‘Not classified’ would include if your parent or guardian is retired or does not have a job.

    I don’t know if I am a carer or not?

    We are seeking to find out if you are a young person aged 14-25 years old, who provides unpaid care for a family member or friend with an illness, disability, mental health condition or addiction.

    If you are still not sure, please select Unsure from the answers available in the enrolment.

    Our Student Services team are available on 01952 815396 if you would like to chat with them about this.

    What is HESA?

    HESA is the Higher Education Statistics Agency. They are part of the Joint Information Systems Committee (Jisc) and are the official agency for collecting, processing, analysing and publishing information about higher education in the UK. For more information, please visit the HESA What We Do page and Jisc website.

    Why am I being asked to provide this information?

    Every year all universities are required to review, collect, and update certain pieces of data and information held on their students in line with government rules and regulations. Some of this information is for statistical and other purposes outlined by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and some is for widening participation and monitoring purposes in accordance with the Office for Students (OfS). To read more about this please visit their official websites. We would encourage you to get in touch with us at if you would like to discuss this further.

    Car registration
    I forgot to add my car.

    If you are a new student joining us you will be able to add your vehicle details via our Self Service area in e:Vision during induction.

    Current students can access e:Vision Self Service to view and edit their vehicle details from the start of term.

    I want to change my vehicle details.

    Please follow the on-screen instructions in the enrolment section to provide your new vehicle details. Once the section is marked as Complete (green) it cannot be re-entered to add or make changes.

    You will be able to use our Self Service area in e:Vision at the start of term to change the details.

    Photo upload
    I am having problems uploading a photograph.

    We have put together a step-by-step guide to help you.

    We strongly recommend that you use a laptop or computer to complete this section.

    If you are cropping your image to the correct size on a mobile phone or other touchscreen device, make sure you scroll on the page outside of the photo area. If you continue to have problems please email for further assistance.

    Is a selfie acceptable for my student ID card?

    Your photo should meet the following criteria:

    • Passport style – head and shoulders, plain background, no headwear (unless religious) and no sunglasses.
    • It should be in full colour without any filters and just you alone.
    • You can smile!
    • In JPEG format and no bigger than 8MB in size.
    Complete Enrolment - declaration and regulations
    Where can I see a copy of the regulations?

    The University’s Regulations, Policies, Procedures and Guidance (‘Regulations’) are hosted on our Key Information Page.

    I changed my name but it is still the same on the screen.

    Depending on the change of details that you told us about in the Personal Details section, we may need to check the identification documents uploaded or other correspondence with you. In these cases, it may take up to 5 working days for us to review and respond to you to confirm when it has been made on the system. In the meantime the details on the screen will appear unchanged. If you have any further question about this please contact

    For any other questions on this section please contact

    Problems logging in to your online enrolment?

    Where do I find my username and password to enrol?

    Your username is an 8-digit number sent to you via letter or email from the office dealing with your application for the course.

    New undergraduate students will receive their username in a letter through the post.

    If you are new to the University, your password will be 12 characters long. It can be found in your online enrolment invitation email that also contains the instructions you need to complete the process.

    If you are unable to locate either of these, please contact the appropriate office handling your admission to the course using the contact details on the Online Enrolment page.

    The password on my invitation instructions is blank. 

    If you have already studied with us before or registered some time ago on a different programme you may not be provided with a password straight away. Please contact our IT Service Desk so they can reset your account and provide you with a password to enrol.

    I cannot access the link in my email. 

    If you are struggling to access the link to enrol, please select Start Online Enrolment from the Online Enrolment page.

    I am getting an error message when I log in.

    Please email for assistance. Please include details of the error message received, or a screenshot of the error.

    For any problems with your password, please contact the IT Service Desk:
    +44 (0)1952 815050

    Online enrolment – what the colour of the section tiles mean

    All available enrolment sections need to be completed.

    • Blue – this section is available to you and needs to be completed.
    • Grey – this section is temporarily unavailable until a financial debt is cleared with the university. Please contact our Finance Office on 01952 815214 or to arrange payment. 
    • Red – you have indicated a query on this section which now requires assistance from a member of staff. You will be contacted by the relevant department once this has been reviewed.
    • Green – this section is marked with a tick and the word Complete. You do not need to take any further action on this section of enrolment.

    You cannot re-enter a section once it is marked as complete. If you would like to provide us with more information before you start your course please email

    Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.