Skip to main content
Student Support

GP, dentist and surgery appointments

Register with a local doctor

Linden Hall Surgery is based in the near-by town of Newport. You will be able to register with the surgery on registration day at the beginning of the academic year. Prescriptions can also be collected here. During university holidays you can be seen by your home doctor as a temporary resident.

GP appointments

To make an appointment with a GP, please call the surgery directly.

Linden Hall Surgery

Station Road
TF10 7EN
01952 820 400

Out of hours medical centre

Call ShropDoc on 0333 222 6655

NHS 111

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation.

Call 111 if:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

For less urgent health needs, contact your GP or local pharmacist in the usual way.


Nearest hospital

A&E department

The Princess Royal Hospital (PRH)
Apley Castle
Grainger Drive
01952 641222

Emergency dentist

We recommend you stay registered with your own local dentist and arrange appointments during your vacations. If you need urgent dental treatment call NHS 111. Visit the Shropshire Community Health NHS website for further details. The following local dentists may have emergency appointments available:

Wellington Dental Centre
45 Tan Bank
Telford TF1 1HW
(01952) 255054

Whitecross Dental Centre
Suite 2
Hollingswood Court
Stafford Park
Telford TF3 3DE
(01952) 290869

Stafford Dental Centre
24 East Gate Street
Stafford ST16 2LZ
(01785) 229591

Shrewsbury Dental Centre
71 Castle Foregate
Shrewsbury SY1 2EJ
(01743) 341898


We encourage first-time university students to be vaccinated against Meningitis W and mumps, and to have an annual flu vaccination if you have asthma or a long-term condition such as kidney disease.

Sexual health information and support

Even if you are not planning to be sexually active at university it's better to be prepared. Condoms and contraceptives are free from any GP or family planning clinic, and from Student Services on campus. For advice, talk to your nearest sexual health service.

Cookies on the Harper Adams University website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.