- 1995-2000 BVSc in Veterinary Science, University of Alexandria
- 2001-2002 MSc in Meat Science & Technology, Uni. of Bristol
- 2002-2005 Technical Manager at RWM food group
- 2005-2008 PhD in Food Science, University College Dublin
- 2008-2010 Tesco Technical Account Manager, 2 Sisters FG
- 2011-2015 S. Lecturer in Food Production & Technology, RAU
- 2016-2022 S. Lecturer in Meat Science and Technology, HAU
- 2022- present S. Lecturer in Livestock Health and Welfare, HAU
Main fields of interest:
- Handling of animals, ante-mortem inspection, humane stunning and slaughtering.
- Post mortem changes to meat, the link between live animal handling, post mortem handling and their impact on public health and quality of finished meat product.
- Veterinary equivalence agreement between trading nations, food poverty, household food security, food rights and justice, both nationally and internationally; local food initiatives; evaluating policy intervention at local and national levels; practice of food ethics.
Previously member of Bristol Food Policy Council
Member of the Institute of Food Science and Technology
Fellow of the Higher Education Academcy
Animal Welfare Officer