This page aims to point you in the right direction for the information you need to be successful in your assignments
Finding books and journal articles
Whether you want to find a book, an electronic journal article or other electronic information you can start your search in the same place, the simple search box called HOLLY (Harper Online Library) on the library home page.
If you want to know more about using journal articles in your work a good place to start is our Introducing Journals Guide
Other resources which may help you
You can find these in our alphabetical list of databases:
- Food Science Source - Full-text database with more than 1,400 publications, including journals, monographs, magazines, and trade publications related to the food industry. Find it @ Harper automatically searches this database, but you can choose to search it individually.
- Grocer - Online service and weekly magazine with covor.erage of the whole FMCG sector.
- IGD Retail Analyisis - Retail Analysis brings you insights into over 400 leading grocery retailers and more than 100 major and developing grocery markets.
- IGD Supply Chain Analyisis - Supply Chain Analysis gives you the latest insight, case studies and thought leadership on how to build a successful supply chain.
- Mintel - Market research reports on food and drink in the UK and China. Find it @ Harper searches Mintel, but you can do a more effective search using the Mintel database individually.
- Keynote - market research on a wide range of UK topics plus company information on many UK companies, including financial and staff information.
- Passport - A global market research tool which provides strategic analysis as well as being a market size and market share database for products across key countries. It also contains information about consumers, the business environment, trade and the infrastructure of many countries.
Useful food websites and online journals
Need more help?
Come and talk to us at the Enquiry Desk - we are here to help you find information - or contact us by email or phone