This page aims to point you in the right direction for the information you need to be successful in your studies.
Finding books and journal articles
Whether you want to find a book, an electronic journal article or other electronic information you can start your search in the same place, the simple search box called HOLLY (Harper Online Library) on the library home page.
If you want to know more about using journal articles in your work a good place to start is our Introducing Journals Guide
Other resources which may help you
List of Silsoe engineering reports held in the Library. Please contact the Welcome Hub if you want to use one of these.
We also have ASAE technical papers from 1987-1994 on microfiche (view but not print) held in library stores - please contact the Welcome Hub.
You can find the following in our alphabetical list of databases:
- Asabe Technical Library - American Society of Agricultrural and Biological Engineers. Full-text journal articles, standards, conference procedings and e-books. Subjects covered include agricultural engineering, buildings, off-road vehicles and soils.
- BSI Online - a wide range of full text British Standards online. Guide to logging in and using BSI Online
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Digital Library - standards available for download (Technical papers are not available in full-text - contact the library if you wish to view one)
Useful engineering websites
- IAgrE - Institution of Agricultural Engineers
- IMechE Virtual Library - Accessible to members of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Materials Information Datasheets/Properties
- aalco datasheets
- Doitcoms (For information on microstructures, metal crystallography and material science)
- MatMatch (commercial matching of various alloys supplied by a variety of suppliers)
Need more help?
There are lots of ways to get help with using the Library